Re: [Evolution] Calendar Questions

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 04:55, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 05:46, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
Issue 1: Time
When I receive a meeting request, it translates the UTC time to my
timezone when I view it.  After accepting it, the calendar view shows it
in the proper timeslot for my timezone.  However, if I open it to
view/modify it (like add some comments), the time shown is in UTC.  Is
this a feature or bug?

this is a feature. If the appointment times are in UTC, that's how
evolution treats it, although as you said, it will convert to local
timezone when displaying the event in your calendar's slots.

This is real confusing.  I can't tell you how many times I've
accidentally changed the time when modifying a meeting:
 - Open a meeting shown as 7pm on 9/10 for editing
 - Add some information, like change the reminder
 - Return to the "Appointment" tab
 - Notice the time says 12AM on 9/11
 - Think "Oops, I messed it up somehow, I have to fix it"
 - Change the date and time to 7pm on 9/10
 - Save changes
 - Notice that the meeting is now at 2pm on 9/10
 - Curse
 - Re-edit the appointment to put it back to the original time

My thought is that it should convert to the local timezone no matter
when/how it is shown (don't care how it's saved).

Issue 2: Alarms
Meeting requests from Outlook 2000 that have a reminder set on the
sender's end have this block in them:

Will answer to Dan's reply to this issue...

Issue 3: Default Alarms
In the preferences for Calendar and Tasks I have set the option to add a
reminder to every appointment.  But it never does, or at least opening
the appointment and looking at it shows no reminder, and there is no
"bell" icon on the appointment.

that's weird. Restarting evolution does not fix it? maybe the
configuration change hasn't been read yet, since in 1.0.x the config
changes are only saved to disk when you exit evolution, so the event
editor might not be getting the change. This is fixed in 1.1.x, but it
might be that the cause. So try quitting evolution and restarting again
and see if that fixes it.

I unchecked it, applied the change, rechecked it, applied the change -
and now it works (didn't have to restart).

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger