Re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] CVS IMAP

I don't see a symlink as a symlink - I see a set of folders as if they
were all in the same place.  And this has always worked with DtMail from
CDE, which is what I'm now having to call up to solve this filing
problem, and worked fine with Evolution before 1.0.8, as I said before.
The server in all cases has been Sun's SIMS 2.0, although now at P12, so
this could have changed something.  I don't know when they last patched
it.

It's just occured to me though that DtMail is doing the filing as a
local filesystem thing, and so not using IMAP - I've just played with it
as got it to search the same directory structure using IMAP instead of
local files and sure enough it too doesn't see these links to
directories elsewhere.  So that is it.  I need to come up with a way of
doing this with local files in Evo, and it sounds like 1.1/1.2 will have
this ability.  I'll look into it.

Thanks for the pointers.

Mark.