Re: [Evolution] Evolution and OpenLDAP: POSSIBLE RESOLUTION?

Recently a co-worker installed evo 1.1.1.99 beta. I've been running it
for a long time now. He was able to browse our Exchange 5.5 with no
hassles, I was still unable, even after deleting most of the xml files.

I took a copy of his addressbook-sources.xml and compared it against
mine.

His works, mine doesn't. The only major difference is the authentication
type.

Here is an example:

-----new xml-----
  <contactserver>
    <name>austin</name>
    <description/>
    <port>389</port>
    <host>mail.somehost.com</host>
    <rootdn/>
    <scope>sub</scope>
    <authmethod>none</authmethod>
  </contactserver>
-----new xml-----

-----old xml-----
<contactserver>
    <name>austin</name>
    <description/>
    <port>389</port>
    <host>mail.somehost.com</host>
    <rootdn/>
    <scope>one</scope>
    <authmethod>ldap/simple-binddn</authmethod>
    <ssl>never</ssl>
    <binddn>austin</binddn>
  </contactserver>
-----old xml-----

The latter entry fails and asks for authentication over and over, while
the former just works, after I've authenticated to the exchange server.

I wanted to open a bug on this, but I don't want this "hole" to get
closed per se so I can't use LDAP at all, rather I would like the latter
to be fixed so it does work.

TIA

--
Austin Gonyou <austin coremetrics com>