Re: [Evolution] How do you import mail folders and address book from Mozilla ?

Thankyou for your kind reply.
FYI I did FILE>IMPORT>IMPORT SINGLE FILE>manually entered the path to my mozilla adddress book using the keyboard namely /home/Stephen/.mozilla/default/tgl63nd3.slt/abook.mab and when I go ahead and try to import it, it says to me "Evolution Error", "There is no importer that is able to handle <filename>"

In mozilla, I then tried TASKS>ADRESSBOOK>FILE>EXPORT.
I entered the filename "address011002.ldif" , and selected "files of type LDIF" in the diaolg box that appears, and put the file in my .mozilla directory.

Just to be safe, I closed Evolutuion, then opened it again and again tried FILE>IMPORT>IMPORT SINGLE FILE>manually entered the path to my mozilla adddress book using the keyboard namely /home/Stephen/.mozilla/address011002.ldif.

I started the import process, andthis time got a total of 740 cards, but I can see that a lot of them are the same card twice !!

Great !!

Anyway, my collegue, who still uses Netscape 4.7, reading tony's comment, has just tried to import his netscape folders, and he had no problems.

Therefore, the solution to this conundrum is going to be for me to install netscape 4.7, export all my mozilla mail and address book and bookmarks to netscape ( I have done this in the past and it works), then reimport them to evolution.

So much for compatible free software !