[Evolution] Error when Sending

I use a .Mac mail account.

Sometimes when their server is having trouble, I get an authentication
error : http://12.233.82.128/~mpeters/images/evolution_error.png

It asks me to re-enter the password, and stops checking until I do.
The problem is that I subscribe to a LOT of e-mail lists - and if I'm
gone for a week (sometimes even a weekend if the lists are busy) my 15mb
of pop can get filled.

If I have my box running an popping every half hour while I am gone, my
mail box doesn't fill. But this breaks if there is this error.

Is there any way to configure evolution to cancel its pop attempt if it
gets this error, and just try again at the next scheduled pop?

My e-mail password doesn't change, evolution should be able to have a
setting to ignore that error and just try again later.

Anyone know how to do this?

--
Michael A. Peters