Re: [Evolution] Shortcuts

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 00:13, Dave Barton wrote:
On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 08:20, René Seindal wrote:
Hi,

I have just installed Evo1.2 from Debian unstable, on a Debian testing
system.  I had quite some problems with imap and subscriptions which I
have ironed out.

Sorry, can't help you there.

My main grievance now is the lack of keyboard shortcuts.  Where are they
all?  I especially miss q which switched there preview pane on and off.
I used it a lot, and now its gone :-(

Most are still there, but have been moved around a bit ?:/
The toggle preview pane is now the ~ (tilde) key.

I just discovered a tiny ` in the menu for View | Preview Pane, but on
my Danish keyboard it was nowhere to be found.  After searching a bit I
found it on AltGr-Shift-v, but it didn't work, probably because of the
shift-key.  I remapped it with xmodmap to AltGr-v, and it works, but it
is very cumbersome, as I have to release the AltGr key each time.

Why on earth have such a silly character been chosen?  We don't all use
American keyboards, so shortcuts involving punctuation will cause
problems with different types of keyboards, maybe with the exception of
dot and comma.  Having a shortcut on single back quote is plain silly.

Whats wrong with the function-keys?  As far as I can see, only F9 is
used.

--
René Seindal <rene seindal dk>
Seindal Consult