[Evolution] Incident with Evolution 1.2

   I have just had an incident with Evolution 1.2 that
I would like to share, in case my experience can be of
use to anybody else.

   I compiled evolution 1.2 from sources in my system.
When I tried to launch it from my account I got the
infamous "Cannot initialize the Evolution shell" error
message. I had a look into the FAQs at Ximian, and
none of the possible causes proposed applied.

   I then noticed that launching my shiny new
evolution from a different account did not result in
the error message above. Indeed, evolution would work
fine in this case. So it seemed to be something
associated with my username.

   After a hell of a lot of fidgeting with my
configuration, I finally found that that the problem
originated in the /tmp/orbit-* directory corresponding
to my username. I deleted it, and next time I logged
in to my account evolution worked fine.

   I don't know what was that 1.2 did not like about
my original /tmp/orbit-* directory. At any rate, it
seemed to be the only application that had something
against it - all the others worked fine ergardless.

   Anyway, I hope that this can be of use to somebody
out there.