Re: [Evolution] Evolution changed my login

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 08:43, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:

I think you are wrong about there not being any "Gnome stuff" in the
Evolution Channel.  Evolution seems to depend on a lot of
original_name.ximian versions of some standard Gnome libraries, and
replaces them without asking for confirmation.

Evolution is one of the most complex GNOME applications, and it has a
way of exposing bugs in underlying components and libraries.  The best
solution in those cases is to install updated versions of that software
which has the necessary fixes to allow Evolution to be stable.

Recent example: gnome-print 0.35 (which shipped with Red Hat 8.0) often
crashes when trying to print messages from Evolution.  The fix: we ship
gnome-print 0.37 for Red Hat 8.0.

The installer lets you know which packages are going to be installed and
will not proceed until you confirm.

--
Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com>