Re: [Evolution] Evolution changed my login

On Monday 25 November 2002 12:56 pm, Mark Gordon wrote:
1) What distribution are you running?

Red Hat 7.2 (Kernel 2.4.18-18, KDE 2.2.2-2, Gnome 1.2)

2) When you say "Red Carpet", do you perhaps mean the Ximian
Installer? If you're not clear on the distinction, can you indicate
how you launched this program?

OK.  I'm not sure of the distinction between the Ximian installer and
Red Carpet.  I thought Red Carpet was the name of the Ximian installer.
 Anyway, I launced it following the "easiest" instructions on the web
page.  I su'ed to root.  Launched "links" with the URL indicated on the
page (my system has the "links" text browser instead of "lynx")  I
followed the instructions, selecting to install Evolution only rather
than the Ximian Desktop.

My system now has Red Carpet installed in addition to Evolution.

--

Art Alexion