Re: [Evolution] Comments on Evolution 1.2

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 13:04, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
On Tuesday 19 November 2002 10:51 pm, Russell Stuart wrote:
Evolution 1.2 is very, very good.  IMHO
it is the first piece of open source office software that is on a par
with Microsoft's equivalent offering - better in some ways, in fact.
 An extraordinary achievement, considering the resources Microsoft
has to throw at the problem.

Gee, I always thought Postgre and MySQL were better than MS SQL Server
and that the GIMP blows away every graphics offering from MS, including
MS Draw.  I could go on........

And I'd add that I prefer OpenOffice to MS Office.  Undoubtedly a lot of
missing features (that I probably never use anyway), but it scores
higher on usability in many respects (probably due to those missing
"features" ;)

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)