Re: [Evolution] Multiple errors from Evolution 1.2

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 06:46, Not Zed wrote:
On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 09:11, guy wrote:
I've just purged EVO1.2 from my [Linux 2.4.19 Debian Unstable KDE AMD
TBird1400] box as I'm unable to read any of my previous Evo version's
mail...

When clicking Inbox the highlight switches back to where it was after a
second or so. This is the same for all mail folders. Calendars &
Contacts seem fine.

Sounds like mail is crashing.  Try runnign evolution-mail in a separate
terminal first to see if it prints anything out when you run evolution.

Other than that ... well ... debian unstable is notorious for being ...
well ... unstable.
Please, DO NOT use your own thougts as an argument. Unstable in debian way
means it is the lesst stable development platform from the three (stable, testing, unstable)
and unstable), but it IS stable enough for me, to be run more than a
half of a year without any problem and I must admit I am no Debian guru,
I am user with four years experience of Debian.
I definitely do not want to start flame war, but as far as I know Debian
unstable is more stable than lot of versions of Red Hat or Mandrake and
this kind of explaining evolution crash looks for me pretty unfair.
BTW: I use Evolution since version 0.12, I like it and I never have any
serious problems with it. I change version from 1.0.8 to 1.2.0 last week
in very smoothly way.
Howgh
Vlada

--
Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka <kerka dinmont cz>