Re: [Evolution] Decryption & Signing - Version 1.2.0

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 20:38, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

Evolution only supports PGP/MIME currently, S/MIME is planned but is a
LOT of work to do. Also, I think Mozilla is the only client on Linux to
even support it currently. The German Government is supposedly putting a
lot of effort into writing support for mutt to do S/MIME but so far no
one has offered to do that for us :-(

We plan on trying to use the Mozilla security libraries to implement
S/MIME (or at least, that's what I had started to implement S/MIME in
for Evolution a year and a half ago or so but stopped because their
library interfaces kept changing).

Even using the Mozilla nss libraries, it will take probably a good 6
months to a year to implement and we just don't have the resources
currently. There are more important things to do...

There have been a few people that have volunteered to work on it, but
they have all gone incommunicado.

Thanks, Jeff, for the information.  Wish I had enough knowledge to help
out with this.  It is good to know that there are plans to implement
S/MIME in the future.

Now, anyone have any ideas regarding points #1 and 2 with the latest
version of Evolution?  I hope this is a bug that can be fixed.  I don't
like the thought of having to save encrypted email to a file to be
manually decrypted!

Thanks,
--
Ian Scott <ian pairowoodies com>