Re: [Evolution] Make evolution go on/off-line with a shell command?

and go back online when I reconnect? In other words, is there a way of
sending a signal to Evolution or a command one can enter in a shell that
would have the desired effect?

I would second a request for this feature. I use Evolution on a laptop,
and it would be very handy to be able to automatically put it in offline
mode when I bring down my network interface. Evolution hangs (trying to
close my IMAP connection) when trying to put it in offline mode _after_
the network connection is gone.

I have filed a wishlist entry about this.

Thanks,
--Diego