Re: [Evolution] Visors now are "serial", not USB (Was: gpilotd exits with a "cannot open display")

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 20:34, Richard Zach wrote:
On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 23:57, Richard Zach wrote:
This on Evo 1.2 and RH 7.3:  When I try to synchronize my Visor via USB,
gpilotd recognizes the little machine ("setting PILOTRATE=115200") but
then exits with "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:".  Never did this
before I upgraded to 1.2 release yesterday. "xhost +" doesn't help.
Anyone else having this problem? JPR, what do I do?

I take it this is with 0.1.69?  Did you change the connection type to
"Serial" for the visor (this was in the release notes and an unfortunate
change, but necessary because of some brokeness).

Strange...
I have a Palm m515 and still set to USB.  Aside from calendar and tasks
duplicated after the upgrade, I can sync via USB.  I thought Palm m5xx
and Visors were similar, since they use the visor module for USB?

Thanks JP.  Am I right that I can now only sync by first hitting the
HotSync button and then starting gpilotd?  Is there a secret switch
somewhere so I can tell gpilotd to keep polling the USB interface?

It would have been nice if this were also in the Evolution 1.2
relnotes--we don't all subscribe to the gnome-pilot-list.

Best,