Re: [Evolution] word wrap problems in 1.2

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 21:54, Eric Lambart wrote:
On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 18:44, Dennis Tuchler wrote:
Occasionally, I get e-mail without word wrap.  Often, when I edit a
mailed message as a new message, I lose word wrap. How do I fix that?

I believe what you want is to select between "Normal" and "Preformat" in
the drop-down list located on the toolbar immediately above where you're
typing.  If you reply to this message and move the cursor to HERE (or
anywhere within what I've typed), you should see "Preformat" on the
toolbar.  That means that the line will be left exactly as-is, and not
word-wrapped.

 I found it!  Thanks.

Often (but less often than in earlier versions) Evolution/gtkhtml will
leave the mode in Preformat even when you are typing something new, so
that whatever you type will not be wrapped.  Switching to "Normal" will
fix that.

Anyway, if you reply to an unwrapped message, you will end up with very
long lines in the quoted text of the old message.  I think this is what
you were talking about, yes?

To fix this, simply go to the offending line and change "Preformat" to
"Normal"...  and vois la, it is wrapped!  To "fix" more than one line,
just select the whole area and then change it to "Normal".

Similarly, if you are typing a message and want to include a URL or
something else that should NOT be wrapped, make sure to set that line to
"Preformat" so Evolution leaves it as-is.

Beautiful, no?

HTH
Eric
--