Re: [Evolution] Notes and Tips for Upgrade to Evolution 1.2

*shrug*

no one else who has complained has had your exact same problem.

Jeff

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 17:06, Brian wrote:
Jeffrey Stedfast said:

You mean to tell me that *every* other IMAP client in the world that
never required me to subscribe to my INBOX is broken??

When I posted to this list the other day and showed the output of LSUB
"" "*", my INBOX was in the list yet Evolution could not see it.
Every other IMAP client I've ever used (and I've tried a lot of them)
could always see it.

where's the log? did it say something along the lines of:

* LSUB (\NoSelect) "." INBOX

Take a moment and actually read my message from the other day
(http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2002-November/022937.html)
You will see that it read as follows:

. OK User logged in
. LSUB "" "*"
* LSUB (\HasChildren) "." "INBOX"
* LSUB () "." "INBOX.Drafts"
* LSUB () "." "INBOX.Trash"
* LSUB () "." "INBOX.admin"
[and so on and so forth]
. OK Completed (0.000 secs 25 calls)

There was no "NoSelect" and Evolution *still* said that my Inbox could
contain no messages *even though* it could see the subfolders just fine.
And no, I never did subscribe to the folder through Evolution.

See it how *you* will, but this aspect of Evolution is seemingly broken
and I'm asking you to please fix it instead of telling me it's a
misconfiguration of my IMAP server.

If I can provide more thorough info, I will.
--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.