[Evolution] Notes and Tips for Upgrade to Evolution 1.2

Hello everyone,

  We'd like to to alert you to a few items that have been popping up a
lot as people upgrade to Evolution 1.2.  These aren't quite bugs, but
they are things that you should be aware of as you move to the 1.2
release. Remember, you can visit support.ximian.com for free FAQ
answers, 24 hours a day.

* Make sure you quit Evolution and run the "killev" command at the
command line after upgrading. This will stop all the stray Evolution
processes and make sure that there are no conflicts when you run the new
version.

* IMAP Users Only: Evolution 1.2 may not preserve your IMAP
subscriptions from Evolution 1.0. If, when you first start Evolution
1.2, your INBOX or other folders do not appear, select Tools -->
"Subscribe to Folders" and re-subscribe.

* The gnome-spell package is required for spell-checking to work.

* You must install the new package evolution-pilot to use syncing with
Palm OS devices.

* Evolution 1.2 is not available for Red Hat 6.2, SuSE 7.3, Mandrake
8.1, or Debian Potato. We're working on Debian Woody support.

Yours,
Aaron Weber
Support and Documentation
Ximian, Inc.