Re: [Evolution] Notes and Tips for Upgrade to Evolution 1.2

Jeffrey Stedfast said:

* IMAP Users Only: Evolution 1.2 may not preserve your IMAP
subscriptions from Evolution 1.0.

this is actually not a true statement. it's not even up to Evolution to
preserve or not preserve IMAP folder subscriptions, that's the server's
responsibility. The reason people are having problems is because they
never subscribed to INBOX in the first place.

Uh, I smell BS.

You mean to tell me that *every* other IMAP client in the world that never
required me to subscribe to my INBOX is broken??

When I posted to this list the other day and showed the output of LSUB ""
"*", my INBOX was in the list yet Evolution could not see it.  Every other
IMAP client I've ever used (and I've tried a lot of them) could always see
it.

If I was the only person to have the issue, I'd chalk it up to a mistake
on my part, but since so many people had the problem how can you honestly
imply it's a misconfiguration on the user's part??

--
Brian