[Evolution] Problems with adding/deleting signatures in Evo 1.2

I have written a little script to add a new signature to my messages
(see below) but when I wanted to add it to the list of signatures, I ran
into some problems...

I'll start by admitting I hadn't RTFM thoroughly enough... :(

I have moved the plain text file I used before as signature into the
~/evolution/signatures folder and I wanted to add that file to the list
of signatures but instead of using Tools > Settings > Composer
Preferences I pressed the add a new signature button in Tools > settings
Mail accounts.

Because I didn't want to add a new file using the editor I closed it.
But this created a signature named "Unnamed".  Later I thought I had
missed something and did the same again (yes, I know...:) )

Because I wanted to delete these two signatures I went to the Composer
Preferences, but none of the signatures was listed...

~/evolution/signatures did contain 2 files: 'signature-0' and

I was able to remove these closing Evo, running killev restarting Evo
and deleting it through the Composer Preferences, however I did have to
do this twice, after the first time only one file was listed...

Is it normal that the list of signatures is only generated when Evo is

 #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens linux be>   Linux User #249103  #
 #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #
  6:17pm  up 20 days,  7:58,  5 users,  load average: 0.38, 0.22, 0.29