[Evolution] filters.. getting only one rule to fire and not several.

Folks,
    I have several evo filters set up to move my various emails aroud ino their appropriate folders.. by and large it all works fine.

My Spam filter which checks for "X-Spam" in the headers, and is also listed above all other rules, is supposed to catch all incoming spam that has been detected by my employers server and move into a Spam folder for myself to check at some later point.

Another rule checks for my yahoo address and moves those emails into my Yahoo folder.

But everytime I get spam addressed to my yahoo address, both the Spam and yahoo filter seem to fire and I get a copy of the message in the yahoo folder and one in the Spam folder.

Why does it do this?.. every other email client I have ever used, works on the principle of ordering rules by precedence and the first to fire is the only one to fire.

Anyone know what can be done to force only one rule to fire and at that, apply the rules in the order they are defined?

Regards,
   Cormac