[Evolution] Newbie: Evolution doesn't pick up e-mail address from LDAP

I've installed Evolution 1.2 and managed to configure it to get addressing information from our LDAP directory. The searches work alright, but when I send an e-mail using one of the selected records, the e-mail address is all wrong (it is a few letters from the surname of the person I am trying to reach, not an e-mail address at all). I don't have this problem when using Mozilla mail (like I am doing now). Anyone that has any idea about where the problem may lie?

Brgds,
Hans-Göran Puke