[Evolution] Newbie: Evolution doesn't use proxy-config?

I recently downloaded and istalled evolution for Mandrake 9 (using red carpet). On the "Summary" screen (I don't know if it is called that in English, since I get the user interface in Swedish, but you probably know what I mean, right?) evolution fails to download weather and news channels. I suppose it has to do with the fact that our company use a proxy-server to get to the internet. I used some info that I found on the Ximian web-site, telling me to use gconftool to configure the proxy (I am normally using KDE). However, it doesn't seem to do the trick. I also logged on to Gnome and used the gnome control panel to configure the proxy. It seems to work with the web-browser, but still not with evolution. Further more, when clicking on a URL in an e-mail nothing happens.

I would appreciate any help you could give that would enable me to solve this problem.

//Hans-Göran Puke, Linköping, Sweden