Re: [Evolution] LDAP Address Book Fields Greyed Out?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the information. My delete button is enabled in the popup editor, indicating that Evolution thinks I have permission, and the delete button does in fact actually delete the associated record from the LDAP server.

I've got core.schema, cosine.schema, and inetorgperson.schema all included in my slapd.conf. I also had evolutionperson.schema in there. Just tried taking it out, and it still doesn't work.

This is the access portion of my slapd.conf. I'm trying to set up three address books: 1) NKS Staff (whose entries also store passwords used for staff authentication); 2) External Contacts, a companywide, user-writable addressbook; and 3) Personal addressbook, each user's individual contacts.

############# begin slapd.conf section ###################
defaultaccess none

access to dn="*" attr=userPassword
   by self none
   by users none
   by anonymous auth

access to dn="ou=External Contacts,o=NKS,c=us"
       by users write
       by anonymous none

access to dn="ou=Personal Addressbook,cn=(.*),ou=NKS Staff,o=NKS,c=us"
       by dn="cn=$1,ou=NKS Staff,o=NKS,c=us" write
       by users none
   by anonymous none

access to dn="ou=NKS Staff,o=NKS,c=us"
       by users write
       by anonymous none
############# end slapd.conf section #############

Commenting all of this out and replacing it with "defaultaccess write" does not help.

Is there some other option I have to enable in slapd.conf to allow subschema queries?

Thanks,
-Paul