Re: [Evolution] Request for additions/corrections in Evolution

On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 06:54, Raider wrote:

The DNS problem.  If I'm online... send now and it is sent.  If I'm
offline and forget to check the offline mode I'm toast.  It will get
into a endless (or very loooong) loop and try to send that message.

I wanted to avoid a similar problem with my Windows clients, so I just
installed sendmail locally and had the Windows clients send to that.
Then they never see a connection issue if the broadband goes down.
Sendmail queues it up for them.

You have it easier, since you can run sendmail right on the Linux box,
and can leave all the anti-spam measures in place. (I'm assuming that
Mandrake, like Red Hat, ships a sendmail RPM locked down against any
relaying.) There's probably some tips on the sendmail site
(http://www.sendmail.org/) about how to tune sendmail to deal with
dial-up connections elegantly.