Re: [Evolution] please help with bug 21604, 1.1.x vs 1.0.x

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 01:39, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
How many people out there are using 1.1.x?

Are there any plans to start making snaps of the 1.1 tree rather than
the 1.0 tree?

They'll happen eventually, though I'm not sure when.  Ettore grumbles
every time somebody asks this question, so it probably won't be too
long.  :-)

I ask as I have a bug I am waiting on and bugzilla reports it has been
fixed in 1.1 but is unlikely to make it into the 1.0 releases.

Also, having thought about, I guess most snapshot users would consider
them selves to be testers at least, why not give us a 1.1 release rather
than minor changes to the 1.0 evolution?

Because they want to make sure that there are no major bugs, or feature
regressions, or whatever, in the stable, 1.0 branch, which they're still
doing work on.  Once they "close" that branch, and all developer time
goes in to the 1.1.x branch, then 1.1.x snapshots will be the place
where testing is really really needed.
        Greg

P.S.  I don't work for Ximian, so the above is all my personal opinion.

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.