Re: [Evolution] How to compact empty mailboxes?

On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 03:52, Xavier Bestel wrote:
le sam 23-03-2002 à 09:28, Jim Bowen a écrit :
On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 08:26, Kenneth Porter wrote:

How about a command-line utility that recursively rebuilds the indices,
and runs from a cron job in the middle of the night?

Haven't looked through the source yet but I think the best solution
would be to do a re-index following any expunge command rather than
making a separate script/cron-job to do it. At first thought it does not
seem like it would be an excessively difficult patch to add a call
re-index to the expunge command (though I may be wrong). Definitely
worth looking into though.

I don't think it's a good idea. Reindexing will be very costly if there
are lots of mails in the folder. I don't want an 'expunge' to take
hours.

So why not make a menu item called "Compact Folders" that expunges and
re-indexes at the same time? That way if someone has a lot of mail they
can do it when it's convenient for them.

--
Stephen