Re: [Evolution] Feature Request: Bind accounts to folders

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 10:10, Alessio Bragadini wrote:
On Sun, 2002-03-17 at 22:56, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

Evolution already tries to do this.

I believe it's already been discussed: Evo tries and succeeds in
replying with the account to which the message was sent, but a message
coming from a mailing list usually doesn't have that kind of information
in the headers.

Yes, that's the problem. It was really great to tell the foldern that
they have to use a specific account in sylpheed. In akmail it was done
in a different way - the way most unix mailers don't want to go (why?).
You just don't have one tree for all accounts but each account has it's
own tree. So if you have a folder for the mailing list it's always the
subfolder of an account and uses this setting. Regarding in which
account-subfolder you are it uses this account settings for replys or
new mails (!!).

two more things:

Add a filter
"Add/Modify Header" "Reply-To" "list-adress"

to allow to "bugfix" mailing lists like this one to automagically send
the reply to the list and not to the author of the original mail... :)

Sometimes the "Reply to sender" just replys to the mailing list and not
to the sender even when the sender is correctly shown in the mail header
(from). This happens in the german php mailing list all the time and is
rather frustrating because I always have to copy and paste the correct
email-address when I want to reply to the sender only... I attached the
mail source to this mail... Reply-To is set to the list, but when I tell
evo that I want to reply to the sender it should do what I say and
ignore the reply-to...