Re: [Evolution] A few more Evolution quibbles

On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 12:22, Miles Lane wrote:
[snip]

Update your filters/vfolders to use your new account information and all
will be solved. (For all your copy/move filters, just open the file
selector dialog and re-select the folder you want to move/copy to and it
should work).

Gosh, this really seems like something that you should handle
automatically when users change authentication methods.
It sounds like the way in which that auth stuff interacts with
account files is arcane knowledge and the fix for this problem,
as it stands, is not obvious and is tedious for users,

Yea, it is broken. Ideally, when any part of an account changes
everything that referenced them would get a signal and update too. This
is one of the many things that we plan to solve by 1.2 :)

Along with this, it'd be great if we could make it so that changing
account info wouldn't require one to restart Evolution to see those
changes. (this is really only a problem with IMAP).

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.