Re: [Evolution] newsreader in Evolution + Bonobo remarks

Pan is good, VERY good. What advanced funcionality do you need,
that pan doesn't have?

Sure, Pan is very good already, but I'd like to have "save" facilities,
so that I could store some messages in evolution folders via drag and
drop, just as in a 90's software called MS-Outlook-Express: there is no
essential difference in nature between email messages and news messages,
hence I'd appreciate using one integrated software to handle them (so
that I can sort, classify, search them as part of a single set).

You could write to the pan author and ask him to do a bonobo object of
pan and then ask the authors of evolution to include that... who knows..

Good idea. By the way, about this Bonobo architecture: as Linux is
growing quickly on the desktop and as Bonobo seems extremly efficient,
do you think that Bonobo components will represent the next major
industry standard for GUI widgets (hence eclipsing Java? (ActiveX for
sure, but is Java still competitive compared to Bonobo components?).

Regards

Almo