[Evolution] Forcing IMAP synchronization

When I work disconnected from the mail server, I encounter somewhat
inconsistent behavior : I select a message and it displays, obviously
from a local copy. Then I select another message and Evolution complains
that it is not available locally. What rules decide what is cached
locally and what is not ? Is there any way to force the synchronization
so that everything is available from the local store in disconnected
mode ?

I have not found one, so I am probably going to experiment with an
alternative : configure Evo to get mail from a local mailbox/maildir,
and set-up Isync (an IMAP synchronization program) to synchronize
between the server and the local store.

Has anyone encountered the same kind of problem ?