Re: [Evolution] Forcing IMAP synchronization

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 06:42, Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:
When I work disconnected from the mail server, I encounter somewhat
inconsistent behavior : I select a message and it displays, obviously
from a local copy. Then I select another message and Evolution complains
that it is not available locally. What rules decide what is cached
locally and what is not ? Is there any way to force the synchronization
so that everything is available from the local store in disconnected
mode ?

When you go off-line it only grabs the unread messages from the inbox.
In the dev version you can specifiy multiple folders, but you still
can't specify what messages to grab - the code is there to handle using
a search expression for it, but no user interface exists because well,
it just didn't get done.  If you use evolution to read each message,
they will automagically end up being downloaded and 'cached' indefinetly
with the current code.  So if you only use evolution to read each
message, it _should_ end up having a copy of everything anyway (blech).

I have not found one, so I am probably going to experiment with an
alternative : configure Evo to get mail from a local mailbox/maildir,
and set-up Isync (an IMAP synchronization program) to synchronize
between the server and the local store.

Sounds like a good solution to your problem actually, since you seem to
use imap like pop.

Has anyone encountered the same kind of problem ?