Re: [Evolution] how many people actually use pgp over gpg, and why?

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 05:59, John Weber wrote:
Hi,

I haven't used either GPG or PGP, but I may need to soon. I'll be
working in a M$ environment (I'll stick with linux/evolution, I hope).
My question is: What are the compatibility issues between the two? Are

Yo!

There are some few compatibility issues because pgp is not entirely
rfc2440 (openpgp) complient, whereas gpg can be made to behave mostly as
per spec. BUT gpg has options so that most of these issues go away.

I think there are some rare issues related to subkeys etc., but if
you're not being too fancy they shouldn't hurt you.

Have a look through the gpg-users/-devel mailing list archive, there is
a thread about this every other week.

cheers
-- vbi

--