Re: [Evolution] Removing from (smtp) server and linewrap

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 20:23, Ron Palmer wrote:
Jeff,
(off mailing list as I have made a mess of which email account I
registered with and jumping between email identities locally, sorry.
Just bounce it back to me if you reccon this is not an appropriate way
and I will  delay this until I have sorted out my email addresses...)

It would be more appropriate to send to the list, but ah well. I'll just
cc the list so future discussion can be there.

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia,
I have a question and a suggestion re Evolution.

I installed OpenOffice (free version of StarOffice) after I installed
Evo. Is there a way of having the option of OpenOffice the editor to
open attachments in? As is now, I am offered only Abiword or save to
disk.

This is supposed toJust Work (tm) as far as I know, assuming you have
the File Types capplet in the GNOME Control Center configured correctly
of course. (don't ask me how, I don't know).

Secondly, another area Evolution can get ahead of its competitors, and
particularly M$ Outlook, is in the area of tracking completed tasks.

I normally have a pile of actions/tasks as well as a few appointments on
a daily basis. I am frequently going back to see what I did certain
days. I would be really useful if tasks completed would stay visible, as
completed (strike-out), on the day/date it was completed. Thus, if one
looked up a
certain date, appointments are, as before, presented and so are
completed tasks.

This isn't my area of expertise so I can't answer this.

Wrt tasks lasting longer times (and the issue of start date vs ending
date) I tend to use an appointment for longer tasks (tasks requiring
both starting and ending date to be registered). Outlook and others have
made a mess of this, just dispatching them after completion.

Please let me know if the latter is feasible, but perhaps in another way
than I have approached it...

I have no idea, I don't have on the Calendar component.

Since this is being cc'd to evolution ximian com, maybe someone else
will be able to help you.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>