Re: [Evolution] Expunge just deleted messages shown in a vFolder

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 12:46, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 03:46, Dan Hensley wrote:
When I read my e-mail, I leave deleted messages shown.  I typically will
expunge at the end of the day, in case I need to refer back to a deleted
message.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has considered allowing the capability
of expunging just the deleted messages shown in a particular vFolder.
Currently (at least in 1.0.5) when you expunge while viewing a vFolder,
it expunges the folder (folders?) in which the messages are stored.

I believe that is a limitation of IMAPv4.  I think the expunge command
is a per-folder directive not a per-message directive.

Jeff, Dan??? Am I right?

That is correct for standard IMAP implementations, however there is an
extension to IMAP (UIDPLUS) that allows one to expunge a list of UIDs
afaik.

We have already talked about possibly changing the Camel APIs to allow
for expunging on a UID list rather than expunging the whole folder, but
there is no time frame for this yet afaik.

Jeff