Re: [Evolution] Expunge just deleted messages shown in a vFolder

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 02:22, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 12:46, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 03:46, Dan Hensley wrote:
When I read my e-mail, I leave deleted messages shown.  I typically will
expunge at the end of the day, in case I need to refer back to a deleted
message.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has considered allowing the capability
of expunging just the deleted messages shown in a particular vFolder.
Currently (at least in 1.0.5) when you expunge while viewing a vFolder,
it expunges the folder (folders?) in which the messages are stored.

I believe that is a limitation of IMAPv4.  I think the expunge command
is a per-folder directive not a per-message directive.

Jeff, Dan??? Am I right?

That is correct for standard IMAP implementations, however there is an
extension to IMAP (UIDPLUS) that allows one to expunge a list of UIDs
afaik.

We have already talked about possibly changing the Camel APIs to allow
for expunging on a UID list rather than expunging the whole folder, but
there is no time frame for this yet afaik.

IMHO if it cannot be done for normal imap, then it isn't something we
should do.  Otherwise it simply wont work for many users.  None of the
imap servers i test against support uidplus for example.