Re: [Evolution] username only

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 11:34, Mark Neill wrote:
On 31 Jul 2002, Christopher Ness wrote:
When I try to send a message to a user on my local mail server using Evo
I only type in the username and leave out the @server.ca extension
because I'm lazy.  This will work just fine, but...

Evo squawks at me saying that isn't a valid email address.  Is there a
switch that I can kill that or is it by design (if so shouldn't there be
a "send anyway" option)?

That's because it's NOT a valid Email address.  Evo shouldn't care if
you're trying to send to a local address - it's an SMTP-compliant mailer,
and should expect SMTP-compliant addresses.

Well, not SMTP-compliant addresses, but rfc822 (the EMail specification
if you will) addresses.

anyways, that said - 1.1.x allows users to shoot themselves in the foot
if they so choose. It will no longer complain about addresses being
invalid unless the server (or local sendmail) reports them as bad.
However, keep in mind that if you are using a local sendmail, you won't
get much of a meaningful error.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast