Re: [Evolution] sudden loss of config

Yesterday it did happen again: I exited evo. Imediatly after that I
wanted to exit my windowmaker session. My screen got black and nothing
more happend. There was no reaction on pressing any keys.

So you hit the power?
unfortunatly the only way to get the box up again :-(

Today in the morning I started my PC trying to fetch my mails but the
evo config was blown away :-(

So I think the config gets lost if the PC stealths imediatly after evo
is shutted down?!

Sounds like an operating system/filesystem issue.
Maybe. I'm about discussing the lock-up of Linux on lkml.
Maybe the config file
is being deleted or something at reboot because it wasn't written
properly to disk (you use reiserfs or ext3 or similar?).  I wonder if
they're using fsync() in bonobo-conf.
reiserfs on suse 7.3 with kernel 2.4.19-rc1 (but also happend on 2.4.17
and 18 with reiserfs). I think the real problem as you mentioned is that
the configfile(s?) are not written immediatly back to disk after closing
evo? I think this because last time I lost my config I closed evo BEFORE
I stoped my X-session (and the box hang up). Only some seconds
before...maybe I must wait a longer time?

--
Windmuehlenweg 22 07907 Schleiz
mobil: +491628955029