Re: [Evolution] IMAP Connections ...

I also agree.  I posted something like this some weeks ago.  I use evo
on both a local account and a remote imap one through a zebedee tunnel.
The auto check keeps timing out on the delay it takes for the tunnel to
reestablish, or gets tied up when the bandwidth (modem connection) is
very tight.  The no-op silently skips past problems like that.

I eventually turned off auto-check as its creates more problems than it
solved.  A suggestion for large, remote mail collections would be to
create a second account for the same mailbox, holding only the
subfolders (subscribe to folders), whilst the account with autocheck
could have only the inbox.

Not everyone has the luxury of cheap, fast and low response time
connections ...

BillK