Re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Plans for S/MIME?

As an addition to Ettore's message, there is a fair bit of S/MIME code
already written (although untested) in evolution/camel/. This code
currently uses libnss3 from Mozilla in case you'd like to try playing
with it.

There is also some code in evolution/composer/e-msg-composer.c and
evolution/mail/mail-crypto.c that use the smime code from camel. You'll
notice that in the composer code at least, it uses the recipient's email
address as the certificate id. This is probably not the best thing to
do. It should probably query either the addressbook or perhaps a
certificate-management bonobo component (someone would need to write
this) for the appropriate certificate id, etc. We should probably do the
same thing for the PGP encryption code in the composer as well.

If you have questions about any of that code, I'm probably the best
person to ask (I wrote most (all?) of that code).

Jeff