[Evolution] Mail keeps coming back

I have an email that keeps coming back.  It happens to be a spam (yeah great
one with a offensive subject) that I have deleted and expunged.  When I open
evo it's not there but the once I do a Send / Receive it shows up in my
inbox with the delete characteristic line through it.  Anyone know of
anything that might get rid of this email for good?  None of my POP3
accounts have the "Leave messages on server" check box activated.  No other
message deletions do this.