[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Plans for S/MIME?
- From: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>
- To: "Michael J. Rensing" <michael empower-inc com>
- Cc: Evolution Mailing List <evolution ximian com>, Evolution Hackers Mailing List <evolution-hackers ximian com>
- Subject: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Plans for S/MIME?
- Date: 21 Jan 2002 16:41:09 -0500
We have always had a plan to add S/MIME support but that is not something we are aiming at in the short term (i.e. not for the 1.2 release) due to resource constraints.
Contributions are welcome though, and we are willing to support any hacker who volunteers to implement S/MIME support.
Evolution is that I must be able to use S/MIME digital certificates. Outlook
does this, but not well at all. I'd program a plug-in, but MS doesn't
include security in the API.
Are there any plans to create Evolution tools for encrypting e-mail using
S/MIME? If not, is there anyone out there interested in helping me do it, or
having me help them?
] [Thread Prev