Re: [Evolution] Problems with the evolution system

On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 14:49, Dan Winship wrote:
On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 22:42, Kenneth Porter wrote:
A. This usually happens when CORBA interfaces used between components
are not compatible. For example, this could happen if you recompile and
install a single Evolution component without recompiling and installing
the rest of the Evolution components.

Is there a way to check for this at runtime?

Sure, there are lots of things that could be done, but it's generally
not worth doing it to keep from breaking people who mix and match
snapshots or incorrectly compile from source (which is what generally
causes the problem the FAQ question is there for, which is almost
certainly not the same as the problem that was reported here today.)

-- Dan

Indeed, all of our gnome has come via redcarpet so I assume this problem
is not the same as that described in the FAQ. or ?

I wish I could be more helpful, but I only had that simple error message
to report.  Advice on how best to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
Has someone had success with the help system on a sun4u solaris 2.7
machine? --- a single yes will suffice.

--
Dr Andrew Bainbridge-Smith
Senior Research Engineer