[Evolution] Re: Feedback when checkbuttons are depressed

Matthew Thomas <mpt mailandnews com> writes:

Havoc Pennington wrote:
BTW, any opinions on how inconsistent checkboxes should be drawn?
Question mark?

[...]
How about this:

                  ,-----.     ,-----,     ,-----.
                  |     J     |   / J     | ___ J
                  |     J     |`./  J     |     J
                  `"""""'     `"""""'     `"""""'
                 unchecked    checked  indeterminate

Under what circumstances may a checkbox be indeterminate?  I don't have
a lot of Gnome/GTK programming experience, but this doesn't seem right.
As a checkbox is optional, its default or indeterminate state should be
unchecked.  Right?  This problem sounds much like the inconsistencies in
HTML forms, where a checkbox is assumed to be unchecked if checkbox
isn't among the parameters because HTML forms don't send unchecked
buttons.

--

sinzui cox rr com