Re: [Evolution] Viewing pdfs inline w/ postscript component

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 14:59, Benjamin Kahn wrote:
Actually, I just solved this for myself yesterday.
Run: "file-types-capplet application/pdf" in a terminal.
Click on the Use Viewer radio button in the Default Action Group.
Select the [ Edit List ] button.
Click the checkbox in the window which appears and click [ OK ]
Click on the Open With Application radio button.
Click [ OK ] or [ Close ]

Repeat with the: "file-types-capplet application/postscript" command.

      It should start displaying PDF and PS files inline.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem like it should do
anything; what you describe is:
1) I was set to "Open With Application" (ggv)
2) I set it to "Use Viewer" and treat it like postscript
3) Set it back to "Open With Application" (which is still ggv)

And then ditto for application/postscript.

So unless I'm misunderstanding something, it's not really changing
anything per say, but tricks the capplet into thinking I've dirtied the
page & that it needs to apply changes.

I tried it anyways, though, and I can still view inline postscript, but
not PDFs. Since your message brought that panel to mind, though, I tried
setting application/pdf to "Use Viewer" and treat it like postscript,
but that didn't fix it either.

Is there maybe some major component I need to kick to get it to see
changes? I tried closing evolution (and then killev'ing just to be
paranoid) in case your fix worked & my copy of evolution just had stale
information, but that didn't help either.