Re: [Evolution] Getting Outlook appts into evo (I know I've asked before).

On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 18:51, Zot O'Connor wrote:
So I got this note from someone using Outlook:
Now I would like to know what to tell the person sending this, so that I
get a invite that EVO can use directly.  This should be put in help and
a FAQ.  If I can get this in simple terms (I removed outlook from all
our workstations here).

I *think* Outlook will always send some non-textual form of meeting
request, but it could be either iCalendar or RTF/TNEF. Old (pre-2000)
versions of Outlook default to sending RTF, and newer ones default to
sending iCalendar, *usually*. Exchange 2000 can convert RTF meeting
requests to iCalendar if it thinks the receipient can't read RTF, but I
don't think Exchange 5.5 can. It's possible that 5.5 will strip the RTF
data in this case, leaving just the text you quoted.

In other words, it's a twisty little maze of configuration options, all
different, and it depends on what version of Outlook the sender is using
and version of Exchange they're using (if they're using Exchange), and
what version of Exchange you're using (if you're using Exchange), and
how each part has been configured.

Some of this is probably documented on support.microsoft.com... because
you need to have things set up right if you want to schedule meetings
with an Outlook user at another company, so they ought to at least
explain how to get that to work...

-- Dan