[Evolution] odd behavior, maybe a bug.

I went to create en email today, to send to an email address which is
(very close to) rt foo company com   I already have one match in my
addressbook, for RT <tasks anothercompanynospam com>

I had my cursor in the To: field.  I typed r and the drop down occured,
showing me that I had one match.  I typed t and the drop down remained.
When I typed in @, however, the drop down went away, and my focus went
elsewhere.  I had to click in the To: field to continue entering my
address.

This is reproducible with anyone in my address book. I have a friend
named John Doe <doe doeNOSPAM org>, and when I type in a different
address, such as to jojo      The same thing happens when I hit the @
character.

Does anyone else see this, or is it a side effect of my running
evolution on top of a KDE setup?

rob