[Evolution] suddenly extremely slow startup after upgrade

I just (foolishly it seems) apt-get upgraded to the latest debian
unstable. and now, evolution takes forever to start up. Once it starts,
new composer windows take longer than usual to open as well. I have done
the standard oaf-slay && rm /tmp/orbit-mrroach -rf && killev with no
change.

killev also seems to take a LONG time to do anything (upwards of five
minutes to begin displaying the list of killed processes)

I ran wombat and oafd from an xterm before launcing evo, and neither of
them displays any error messages.

I tried removing my ~/evolution dir with no change... does anyone have
any pointers for where I should look?

oh, also the debian upgrade included a new version of bonobo (1.0.19
from 1.0.14)

Thanks for any suggestions

-mark