Re: [Evolution] Can't seem to get Pilot Link to work

On Sun, 2002-02-10 at 21:37, JP Rosevear wrote:
<snip, etc.>

I have a Handspring Visor Prism with a USB cradle.  From the command
line I can use pilot-xfer to list the contents of the Visor and back it
up, so I know that I have it configured correctly on /dev/pilot.

The visor prism should work fine with those versions.  If it works with
jpilot then something is a little odd since they both use pilot-link as
the communications library.  Are you positive multiple pilot accessing
programs were not running?

When you press the hot sync button, what does /proc/bus/usb/devices
contain?

I have to add a "me too" here.  A buddy of mine at work has a Handspring
Visor USB model that has caused me much grief in getting it to work.
I've wasted a good day and a half or so trying to get gpilotd to play
nicely with his USB cradle.  Now, jpilot and pilot-xfer both work fine.
And the best I can get gpilotd to do is to work once.  There's some
weird timing thing with it though.  The only way I can consistently get
his visor to sync with gpilotd is as to first stop any existing gpilotd
processes, then restart it and then (here's the kicker) press the
hotsync button on his cradle almost immediately.  If he waits too long
(like longer than a few seconds), gpilotd either doesn't get anything or
prints "weird packet" and never works from that point on.

I've raised the timeout for this connection to 10 seconds and it still
exhibits this behavior.  He's running debian unstable and has pilot-link
0.9.5 and gnome-pilot 0.1.64.  Any help or insight or "oh, that's what
you're doing wrong" would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated.

--
Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper