Re: [Evolution] Can't seem to get Pilot Link to work

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 18:24, Janine Sisk wrote:
I have a Handspring Visor Prism with a USB cradle.  From the command
line I can use pilot-xfer to list the contents of the Visor and back it
up, so I know that I have it configured correctly on /dev/pilot.

From Evolution, I choose Tools->Pilot Settings, and am taken into Pilot
Link.  I work my way through to where it wants to connect, being sure to
press the hot-sync button on the cradle *before* I hit Next to go to
that screen (though I've done it afterwards, too).  Nothing happens;  it
times out.  I have sync'd this Visor with Outlook, but the same nothing
happens whether I chose "yes I have sync'd" or "no I have not".

It seems that I can get a little farther if I knock the connection speed
down to 19.2 or below;  the Visor will chirp and display "Identifying
user" but then it times out as before.  Changing the timeout value does
not help.

After doing this, gpilotd is left running, and pilot-xfer will no longer
work.  It complains about a "weird packet" and aborts.  If I kill the
two gpilotd processes, then pilot-xfer works again.

I'm synching fine using a Visor Edge /dev/visor (/dev/ttyUSB), 57600
connection using the latest packages from red carpet.  But I had
symptoms like yours when my version/session of gnome-pilot-applet got
corrupted.  I had to uninstall gnome-pilot and remove my local
gnome-pilot files, then to clear the problem.

--

sinzui cox rr com