[Evolution] Does GTKhtml ever time out?

This has been an issue for me since the pre-1.0 days.  When I get html
emails (I prefer not to, but I still like to receive my daily comics
;^), if the source site is slow, or unresponding, Evolution (using
GTKhtml, I assume) never seems to time out (at least I've waited as much
as 10 minutes before killing Evolution).  I was told once upon a time
that the "cancel current mail operation" button would cancel html
downloads, but this still doesn't seem to work.

Is this even an Evolution problem, or is the GTKhtml interface simply
not working like it is supposed to?  Is there a manual setting I can
change?  I'm using Evo-1.0.2, installed via Red-Carpet, on Red Hat 7.1.

-Josh